Ballin' Beyond the Court
We're excited for you to explore with us.
What is the Target Center?
In the heart of downtown Minneapolis, Target Center stands tall as the proud home of the NBA’s Minnesota Timberwolves and the four-time WNBA world champion Minnesota Lynx. Welcoming over 1 million guests yearly, it’s among the world’s top arenas.
Since its opening in October 1990, Target Center has been owned by the City of Minneapolis and privately managed by ASM Global. The arena proudly bears the Target name, which has been its naming rights partner since day one.
Watch the arena transform
Explore the basement to the rafters
We’ll get the incredible opportunity to explore every part of the Target Center. From its underground areas and inner workings to the food development section, and even up to the highest parts of the building (don’t worry if you’re afraid of heights, that part’s optional). We’re excited to showcase the variety of fantastic jobs available at a venue like the Target Center, from Event Coordinator to Media Technology. Throughout our time there, we’ll chat with professionals and get hands-on experience to dive deep into these roles.
Concerts, Meetings, Basketball, Gymnastics...and more
The Target Center is the home to events of all kinds. The venue houses, ice performances, concerts, corporate meetings, basketball, gymnastics, and will soon host you all too.
See parts of the tour
While you will get to experience this for yourself, you can show others where you went in this video
Here are some people we will hang with:
Target Center is made up of staff from:
Levy: From the sports arena to your dinner plate, Levy brings a burst of creativity, special plans, amazing service, and a real passion for delicious food to craft moments the Twin Cities won’t forget!
ASM Global, created in October 2019, came together by joining AEG Facilities, known for creating amazing live entertainment venues, with SMG, a top-notch event management company. They’re the world’s top venue management company, working with over 350 venues worldwide to produce live event experiences. Managing and investing in the biggest stadiums, arenas, convention centers, and theaters takes incredible dedication and expertise. With their global reach and top-notch local skills, ASM Global stands out, creating value and making places profitable like no one else.
This is a carousel. Jump to a slide using the slide dots or the prevous and next buttons.
Manager of Operations (Target Center)
Director of Private Sales (Target Center)
Production Manager (Target Center)
Executive Chef (Levy)
Director of Operations (Levy)
Manager of Social Media & Digital Marketing (target Center)
Senior Manager, Premium (Levy)
Event Coordinator (Target Center)
Senior Manager, Media Technology (Target Center)
1 / 9
Target Center Fun Facts
- Since opening in 1990, over 36 million people have visited, enjoying more than 5,000 events!
- 35 Rock and Roll Hall of Famers, like MN’s very own Prince and Bob Dylan, have rocked the stage here.
- The most crowded event ever? A 2005 U2 concert with 20,200 fans!
- Target Center was the first in North America to get a green roof in 2009, helping save almost 1 million gallons of water from the Mississippi River!
- No smoking or tobacco ads have ever been allowed here!
- It’s one of only two arenas with a moveable floor, lifting 5 feet in just 25 minutes for better views.
- Covering 1½ blocks and 831,533 sq. ft., it’s huge!
- Need parking? It’s close to over 12,000 spots, many connected by skyway!
- 160,000 sq. ft. of the basement is home to another fitness business called Life Time Fitness – Target Center Arena Club.